Build a Compelling Personal Brand with Dorie Clark
n this episode, we are joined by Dorie Clark, a recognized “branding expert” by the Associated Press, Fortune, and Inc. magazine.
Dorie Clark has been named one of the Top 50 business thinkers in the world by Thinkers50 and was recognized as the #1 Communication Coach in the world by the Marshall Goldsmith Leading Global Coaches Awards. Clark, a consultant and keynote speaker, teaches executive education at Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business and Columbia Business School, and she is the author of Entrepreneurial You, Reinventing You, and Stand Out, which was named the #1 Leadership Book of 2015 by Inc. magazine. A former presidential campaign spokeswoman, Clark has been described by the New York Times as an “expert at self-reinvention and helping others make changes in their lives.” A frequent contributor to the Harvard Business Review, she consults and speaks for clients including Google, Microsoft, and the World Bank.
Listen as Dorie and I talk about reinventing yourself, creating content, and monetizing your brand. Be sure to check out the resources mentioned to fully appreciate the insights shared throughout this episode. Enjoy!
● Getting to Know Dorie: Before and After her Entrepreneurial Journey [3:10]
● The Nexus of Marketing and Strategy [9:20]
● Creating Demand in a Marketplace [10:20]
o The Recognized Expert Framework [12:03]
● Tips for Content Creation [13:15]
● Advantages and Disadvantages of Starting a Blog [16:20]
● Writing for High Profile Publications [19:15]
● Ways to Monetize Your Brand [25:15]
● Consulting vs. Executive Coaching [29:40]
AND MUCH MORE!
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
● If you are a future or aspiring business leader who wants to achieve the next level of success in your profession, get started by getting my FREE video short course: The Secret to Unleashing Your Top 1 Percent.
● Know more about Dorie Clark by visiting dorieclark.com.
● Do you want to want to learn how to attract clients with your reputation and warn what you’re worth? Check out the Recognized Expert course offered by Dorie.
● If you aim to write for high profile publications, be sure to check out Dorie’s course to learn exactly how to break into these elite publications.
● For people who want to create multiple revenue streams, download your free 88 question Entrepreneurial You self-assessment here.
● Learn to write content more quickly and effectively with this Rapid Content Creation Masterclass course.
● Grab your copy of Dorie Clark’s books:
● Connect with Dorie:
“If you are doing marketing well, it’s just not about how to sell a thing that you have. It’s how you create things that people want to buy.”
“You have to do content creation. You have to be able to share ideas publicly.”
“You need to know people who can spread the word about what you are doing.”
“The more highly relevant information you can give, the less risky it feels.”
“The more legs you have on your table, the more resilient you are.”
“Executive coaching is one-on-one whereas, consulting is enterprise level.”