Creating The Multiplier Effect by Liz Wiseman
I am very pleased to have Liz Wiseman today on the show as she is a researcher and executive advisor who teaches leadership to executives around the world. She is the author of the New York Times bestseller Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter, The Multiplier Effect: Tapping the Genius Inside Our Schools, and Wall Street Journal bestseller Rookie Smarts: Why Learning Beats Knowing in the New Game of Work.
She is the CEO of The Wiseman Group, a leadership research, and development firm headquartered in Silicon Valley, California. Some of her recent clients include Apple, AT&T, Disney, Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Nike, Salesforce, Tesla, and Twitter. Liz has been listed on the Thinkers50 ranking and in 2019 was recognized as the top leadership thinker in the world.
She has conducted significant research in the field of leadership and collective intelligence and writes for Harvard Business Review, Fortune, and a variety of other business and leadership journals. She is a frequent guest lecturer at BYU and Stanford University and is a former executive at Oracle Corporation, where she worked as the Vice President of Oracle University and as the global leader for Human Resource Development.
Listen and learn more about the differences between the Multipliers and Diminishers. We’ve also discussed some common diminisher tendencies so make sure to tune in so you can assess yourself and avoid such tendencies. Enjoy!
● Working With High-Level Individuals [7:05]
● Creating The Multiplier Effect [10:00]
● Multipliers vs. Diminishers [15:15]
● Creating a Liberating Climate in the Working Environment [20:18]
● Common Diminisher Tendencies [29:18]
● Book Recommendations [39:33]
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
● I believe anyone can be a leader in today’s world that’s why I’ve created a short, user-friendly book called Redefining the Top 1 Percent. Get your FREE copy by joining our Facebook Group here. Not only are you getting a free copy of my book, you’ll also get lots of FREE training and resources on a weekly basis.
● Connect with Liz:
● Liz’s Best-selling Books:
● Book Recommendations:
o Radical Candor by Kim Scott
o Good to Great by James C. Collins
“You can start a company with genius. But, to scale a company, you need more than just a single genius.”
“One of the things that I’ve noticed about good leaders is how they put you at ease.”
“It’s not the employee that’s different. It’s the way that these leaders are operating.”
“While diminishers tend to be micro-managers, multipliers tend to be investors. They keep other people’s ownership.”
“All great work involves struggle and suffer.”
“It’s not about getting rid of the diminishers in the workplace. It’s getting rid of our accidental diminisher tendencies.”
“Learning usually comes when you are stuck on something.”
Ways to Subscribe to Redefining The Top One Percent: