Ep #10: Recognizing God’s Plan and Purpose for Your Life with Pastor Mark Anderson
The best definition I’ve heard for sin is the violation of God’s purpose for your life and mine. My guest today rose to meet God’s call for him to serve the church, and I’m honored to have him on the podcast to share his story.
Pastor Mark Anderson has been a personal mentor in my life and the lives of many people I know. He served as Pastor of Lynwood Baptist Church from 1994 until 2000, and after eight years of pastoring at Colonial Heights Baptist Church in Jackson, Mississippi, returned to Lynwood to serve as Pastor again.
In this episode, he opens up about his faith journey, including the experience that made him realize God’s purpose for him. Listen in to hear how he recognized that God was calling him to be a pastor, his advice for handling the common challenges of nonbelievers, and how to live a life that God will honor.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How Mark’s upbringing and childhood shaped the person he is now.
- The experience that confirmed God was calling him to be a pastor.
- What the Bible tells us about leadership and achievement.
- The important lesson Mark learned from one of his big mistakes.
- Books that have enriched his life.
- How Christians should handle the question of why God allows evil and suffering in the world.
- Mark’s personal definition of a successful life.
- Two people that have had a major impact on Mark and how they’ve influenced him.
- Advice for young leaders and business owners.
- Daily habits that up-and-coming leaders should develop.
- The three main characteristics Mark wants to be remembered for.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
I think other business leaders or whatever will have that kind of moment where the vision is clarified in their life or their business—what they really need to be focusing on—and if we pay attention, God will give us those moments.… Click To Tweet
The Bible is a plethora of lessons on leadership. – Pastor Mark Anderson Click To Tweet
God’s going to honor a person who does the right thing the right way. He didn’t say when He would do that, or how He would do that, but He is going to do that. -Pastor Mark Anderson Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Mark Anderson: Lynwood Baptist Church Bio
- 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos by Jordan B. Peterson
- In His Steps by Charles Monroe Sheldon
- Streams in the Desert: 366 Daily Devotional Readings by L. B. E. Cowman
- Celebration of Discipline by Richard J. Foster
- Devotional Classics: Selected Readings for Individuals and Groups by Richard J. Foster
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap…And Others Don’t by Jim Collins
- Necessary Endings: The Employees, Businesses, and Relationships That All of Us Have to Give Up in Order to Move Forward by Henry Cloud
- Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No To Take Control of Your Life by Henry Cloud