Ep #12: Living and Communicating in a Meaningful Way with David Norrie
Communication is changing constantly and most of us struggle to find meaningful connections. David Norrie has a lot to say about communication and how you can pivot the way you think, live and communicate in order to lead a successful and impactful life. He shares his own journey from a young age to find significance and meaning in work and life and how he has overcome obstacles and flaws to find a passionate and purpose-filled life.
David talks about his own mental and spiritual evolution and how he turned negative experiences into growth opportunities through recognizing course correction in his life. He shares specific stories and wisdom from his marriage and business (run by him and his wife) that we can all learn from. From books to mentors, he talks about the greatest influences on his life and what has helped him reach the level of success and fulfillment he has achieved.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- David’s background in journalism and how he got into speaking and coaching.
- The effect of social media on relationships and how it has forever changed how we interact.
- Taking experiences and making the most use of them.
- What connects all of us as humans.
- Situations where he has gone wrong and turned it around.
- How to recognize course correction and what to do next.
- What it’s like working with his wife and how they make it work.
- What it means to elevate and edify your spouse.
- The importance of not just reading a book but also using it.
- Books that have impacted his life and changed his thinking.
- The importance of mentorship and how it has worked in his life.
- Why focusing on pouring into others will bring you closer to where you want to be.
- Important habits to incorporate into your life.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
We are all alike and when we realize that, then we start to communicate better. – David Norrie Click To Tweet
On Facebook or social media people have 4000 friends yet most people, studies show, they don’t feel like they have one or two people that they would really consider close or that they can count on. – David Norrie Click To Tweet
No matter how much schooling you have, what your education is like, the one thing you’ll learn about life is, nothing in the world is a teacher like experience. -David Norrie Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- David Norrie: Website | Facebook | Blog | Instagram
- Joel Brown
- Circle of Influence Mastermind
- Florida State University
- Tampa Bay Times
- Faith into Abundance by David Norrie et al.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Kurt Warner
- Peyton Manning
- Pastor Mark Driscoll
- Real Marriage by Mark and Grace Driscoll
- The Maxwell Leadership Bible by John C. Maxwell
- Unlimited Power by Tony Robbins
- Chris Harder
- George Costanza