Ep #14: Body Language and Conflict Management with Sharon Sayler
When it comes to being a better leader, manager, teammate, coworker or employee, good communication skills are incredibly valuable. Sharon Sayler stops by to discuss the importance of understanding body language and how we can use that understanding to better communicate with those we work with. She also shares some top notch advice on how to find a mentor who is invested in you and why reciprocity is so important to your success in business and in life.
Named as one of the top 20 body language experts in the world, Sharon has a ton of valuable tips and tricks to share with us when it comes to eye contact, facial expressions, posture and more. She also discusses the lessons she has learned over the years from various failures and why she chooses not to see them as failures. Sharon also talks about how to gain confidence naturally and how to manage conflict with others in a calm and productive way.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The importance of understanding body language and how you can use yours to communicate better.
- How she found out about body language and found her career.
- How to find a mentor who will truly have your best interest in mind.
- Valuable lessons she learned from failures and why she doesn’t call them failures.
- The importance of reciprocity without keeping score.
- How to reach the next level in your career through awareness.
- Simple techniques to help you understand your body language.
- How to meet people where they are at and take them where you want to go.
- The difference between constant eye contact and consistent eye contact.
- How to build confidence and where it comes from.
- Sharon’s advice on setting goals and being flexible.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
Once we understand our own body language first, it’s so much easier to understand other people. – @ssayler Click To Tweet
Look for the people who want to champion you and ask them if they’ll mentor you. – @ssayler Click To Tweet
I suggest observing the behaviors of the people at least one step, if not two steps, higher than you want to go and do those behaviors. -@ssayler Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Sharon Sayler: Website | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn
- Free Guide: Discover The Seven Things Nobody Is Telling You That Can Cost You Clients, Sales and Even Your Career.
- Competitive Edge Communications
- Yale School of Management
- International Coaching Federation
- Global Gurus
- Wallstreet Journal
- Readers Digest
- Amy Cuddy on Body Language
- Words That Change Minds by Shelle Rose Charvet
- The Customer is Bothering Me by Shelle Rose Charvet
- Michael Grinder
- Robert Dilts