Ep #16: Prioritizing What Matters and Making Life Fun with Kathryn Kemp Guylay
In the chaos of our busy lives it’s easy to lose track of what’s important and let the world’s agenda take over. In this episode, Kathryn Kemp Guylay joins us to share some techniques and ideas that will help you prioritize what is most important in your life and not get distracted or brought down by the chaos and complexity of life. She talks about how easy it is to get swept away in the busy status quo rather than focusing on our family, health and personal goals.
Kathryn shares her personal career journey from management consulting and what caused her to shift toward non-profit and nutrition. She discusses why their family moved from bustling Chicago to a quieter lifestyle in Idaho and how that has affected her family positively. From the difficulties of finding work-life balance to the key to being productive and happy, Kathryn has some really valuable advice and strategies to help you make life more fun and meaningful.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Kathryn’s journey from management consulting to a focus on non-profits and nutrition.
- What made her re-think her life and focus and move the family from Chicago to Idaho.
- The importance of realizing your ability to step back and away to create your own micro-environment rather than becoming victim to the environment where you are.
- What Nurture is, how they work and who they focus on.
- How to create work life balance as an “Achiever” or busy person.
- An exercise on understanding time and what is a waste of time and energy.
- How to plan your week so you can reach your ideal productivity.
- Why you need to manage your distractions and stay away from other peoples’ agendas.
- Why it’s important to “Zoom out” with another person who is important in your life.
- The value of prioritizing clarity and how to achieve that.
- The power of the smile and other techniques to shift your energy and create more happiness.
- Why it is crucial that you take care of yourself.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
My question, usually at the end of the day, is – did you have fun?. – @kathrynguylay Click To Tweet
The kids are watching you all the time – they are the best little scientists and it’s not what we say, it’s what we do that’s important. – @kathrynguylay Click To Tweet
Strategy is a plan of action to achieve a goal but we really need to set our goal first and that’s getting the ideal week on paper. -@kathrynguylay Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Katheryn Kemp Guylay: Site | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube | Instagram | Email
- Family Nurture
- Entrepreneurs On Fire
- Maximize Your Strengths
- The Business Building Rockstars
- Steve Jobs
- The Biology of Belief by Bruce Lipton
- The Energy of Money by Maria Nemeth
- Michael Hyatt – Ideal Week
- John Lee Dumas (JLD)
- Leader Box
- The 4 Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey
- Success Principles by Jack Canfield
- Big Potential by Shawn Achor
- The Happiness Advantage by Shawn Achor
- Jar of Awesomeness – Tim Ferriss
- Tony Robbins