Ep #17: Managing Stress and Becoming the Person You Were Meant To Be with Tom Meyers
My guest today is a forward thinker, keynote speaker, author, osteopath, and body-centered stress expert. Known as TomTom the Health Navigator, Tom Meyers helps people navigate stress and reach their full potential with his novel body-mind and educational approach to manifesting your best self. Offering osteopathic treatments at his private practice in Brussels and hosting workshops on building resilience, Tom teaches people all over the world how to “futurize” themselves in order to thrive in today’s fast-changing world.
In this episode, he shares his inspiring journey to finding purpose, as well as what we can all do in order to realize our natural talents and make life worth living. Listen in to hear what Tom did to overcome his lowest point in life, key concepts from his book, Futurize Yourself, and advice for discovering and becoming the person you were born to be.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Three questions to ask yourself in order to discover your natural talents.
- What constant stress does to the human body.
- Advice for dealing with stress.
- How Tom overcame his lowest moment.
- Why he wrote Futurize Yourself.
- The first step in the process of futurizing yourself.
- How advances in technology are changing the structure of our brains.
- Books that have impacted Tom’s life.
- Habits that have made him more successful.
- His mantra for accountability.
- The key to coping with life’s challenges and growing as a person.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
Everybody is born with different sets of talents. If that was not important, you would have been eradicated out of our human existence. – @futurizeyou Click To Tweet
If you find your potential and you put it into action, it makes you feel whole. It makes you feel fulfilled. It makes you feel meaningful. And people love you for it. – @futurizeyou Click To Tweet
If you have a purpose and live it with meaning, then the end is not really the most important thing. It’s the journey. -@futurizeyou Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Tom Meyers: Site | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | YouTube
- The Online Stress Summit
- Futurize Yourself: Design your Life on Purpose by Tom Meyers
- Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow by Yuval Noah Harari
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari
- 21 Lessons for the 21st Century by Yuval Noah Harari
- Soul-Purpose: Discovering and Fulfilling Your Destiny (Edgar Cayce’s wisdom for the new age) by Mark Thurston
- The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
- Technology vs. Humanity: The Coming Clash Between Man and Machine by Gerd Leonhard
- The International Stress Management Association
- The American Institute of Stress