Ep #19: Staying Present and Moving Forward Through Hard Times with Angelike Norrie
Physical muscle and spiritual muscle have a lot in common and Angelike Norrie joins us to share her journey of learning and teaching this concept. After going through incredible amounts of stress and difficulty, Angelike has some great insight into how to find your non-negotiables in life and staying present during rough times. She also talks about her career journey from professional martial artist to sales and how she figured out the importance of finding your identity in God and moving through life with obedience.
She discusses her passion for helping people and how she has learned to become in-tune to her specific gifts and finding where God wants her. Angelike discusses the difficulty of balancing life, family, work, the spiritual journey, self-care and how these things are all interconnected. You will also get a sneak peek at the next big project coming up for Angelike and David Norrie.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How her childhood and growing up in a broken home effected her.
- Why she looked for something deeper than the church she grew up in.
- How she pulled through after a time of incredible stress and pressure.
- The importance of letting God hold the yoke with you and not trying to do it all on your own.
- How she decided on her non-negotiables and how they helped her stay present.
- Why she dropped out of nursing to become a professional martial artist.
- Her empathy and how she found her passion for teaching.
- The purpose of pushing past the burn to build a stronger body and life.
- How she figured out who she was and what spiritual muscle was.
- Why spirit comes first then strategy comes next.
- The magic of being radically obedient and going where God wants you to be.
- A look into the future of her vision and projects with her husband.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
The pain was always there – that was where you really learned to lean into God and know that he wants to hold the yoke with you. – @AngelikeNorrie Click To Tweet
When this is done and I move through this and come up for air, I want to come up for air and have something of substance to celebrate. – @AngelikeNorrie Click To Tweet
My gifts were starting to open up where I was able to breathe life in someone’s direction and teach them what it means to build a body they couldn’t see and flex a different type of muscle every day. -@AngelikeNorrie Click To Tweet