Ep #20: Building Your Confidence and Learning to Flourish with Yvonne E.L. Silver
My guest today teaches women to flourish in business. Speaker, coach, mentor, writer, business owner, and mother Yvonne EL Silver develops programs for women who need to rebuild their confidence, build up their resources, elevate their careers, and become the best versions of themselves. With over 25 years of experience helping people develop, Yvonne also chairs mentorship programs for multiple groups, including the Business and Professional Women Calgary and Canadian Business Chicks.
In this episode, Yvonne shares how she leverages her core values of creativity, compassion, inspiration, and possibility to bring her clients more confidence, success in life and business, better work-life balance, and increased quality family time. You’ll hear her tips for beating burnout, improving your confidence, and learning to flourish in your career.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- What made Yvonne realize she was in a state of emotional overwhelm.
- How her professional experience and experience as a mother of a child with special needs ties into the work she does.
- What led to her leaving her corporate role and starting her own business.
- A key thing to focus on to make your business life more successful and enjoyable.
- Why hiring for values is more important than hiring for skills.
- How to create reciprocal energy when you first meet someone.
- The important connection between language and energy.
- How our subconscious limiting beliefs come through in our language.
- Why the words “just” and “but” can be problematic.
- Practical ways to build confidence.
- Books that have impacted Yvonne’s life.
- An important tip for business owners and leaders who feel like they’re burning out.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
The work that I’m doing now is really about helping women to flourish in business. It’s helping them to elevate their confidence so they can ask for what they want. – @Yvonne_ELSilver Click To Tweet
One thing that I’ve always taught my clients is hire for values and then train on the skills you need, not the other way around. – @Yvonne_ELSilver Click To Tweet
There could be so much more positive energy around business if we all had a social enterprise element. -@Yvonne_ELSilver Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Yvonne E.L. Silver: Site | LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter
- Evolved Enterprises: An Illustrated Guide Re-Think, Re-Image and Re-Invent Your Business to Deliver Meaningful Impact & Even Greater Profits by Yanik Silver
- Attracting Perfect Customers: The Power of Strategic Synchronicity by Stacey Hall and Jan S. Stringer
- 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos by Jordan B. Peterson
- The Presence Process – A Journey Into Present Moment Awareness by Michael Brown
- David Cooperrider
- Jayne Warrilow
- Coaches Business School
- Richard Branson