Ep #22: Increasing Your Influence Through Passion and Authenticity with Teresa de Grosbois
My guest today is a four-time bestselling author and international speaker sought out by entrepreneurs and large corporations wanting to better understand how local word of mouth can suddenly turn into an epidemic. Specializing in the topics of influence and success, Teresa de Grosbois has taken three books to bestseller status in just eight months. Her newest book, Mass Influence: The Habits of the Highly Influential, hit #1 international bestseller status in North America and Europe on the same day it launched.
As the chair of the Evolutionary Business Council, Teresa leads an international, invitation-only council of speakers and influencers dedicated to teaching the principles of success, and she joins this episode to share her expertise. Listen in to hear the key characteristics and behaviors of influential people, the big mistake that holds many would-be influencers back, and what you can do to increase your own influence within your industry.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The most foundational habit of highly influential people.
- A common mistake that gets in the way of building influence.
- The unspoken rule of etiquette in the influencer world.
- What influential people use as the “currency” by which they help each other.
- How highly influential people create cycles of reciprocity differently than the average person does.
- The important distinction between fame and influence.
- How Teresa’s most significant self-limiting belief got her interested in the topic of how everyday people can become more influential.
- What led her to start the Evolutionary Business Council and what the organization hopes to accomplish.
- The main ingredients in a word of mouth epidemic.
- Teresa’s recommended books.
- Habits she has incorporated that have increased her achievement.
- Strategies for becoming a go-to person in your industry.
- The important paradigm shift that is crucial for becoming influential.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
Word of mouth epidemics can be a double-edged sword, too, but when you understand them and you have the appropriate level of respect for them, they can be massive forces for change in this world. – @TeresaDee Click To Tweet
If you’re not really standing in something you’re passionate about, if you’re not playing with people that you really do love and admire … those things show up as inauthenticities. – @TeresaDee Click To Tweet
If good people everywhere don’t step into being forces of positive change in the world and step into their own influence, then we risk leaving behind a world run by the very leaders that we fear. -@TeresaDee Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Teresa de Grosbois: Site | LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
- Mass Influence: The Habits of the Highly Influential by Teresa de Grosbois
- Wildfire Workshops
- Sign up for the 30 Day Influence Challenge
- Evolutionary Business Council
- The Go-Giver: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea by Bob Burg
- Go-Givers Sell More by Bob Burg
- Risky is the New Safe: The Rules Have Changed… by Randy Gage
- Soul Cyphers: Decoding a Life of Hope and Happiness by Robert Clancy
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Soul by Robert Clancy
- Daily Downloads & Fortune Cookies from the Universe by Robert Clancy
- Love’s Awakenings: Healing the Human Spirit—A Poetic Journey by Robert Clancy