Ep #32: Vision to Action – Connecting the Dots with Tommy Baker
Have you ever wondered why one person of a certain age, gender, or demographic can achieve monumental, life-changing results while another is stuck spinning their wheels? Many of us wonder this about others around us, using comparison and a flawed mindset that end up holding us back. Tommy Baker is passionate about finding the ingredients that give two people in similar situations very different results, and today he’s here to share what he has found.
Through Tommy’s studies and experience with success, behavior, and mindset, you’ll get a chance to connect the dots between those that succeed and those that stagnate. He has some great real-life examples of how making small steps to work on yourself and your goals will bring you clarity and victory. From understanding the difference between importance and urgency to avoiding the number one killer of persistence, you will be able to make the necessary changes in your life to turn your vision into action.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Tommy’s path and shift from fitness to teaching and coaching.
- The principle of Parkinson’s law and what this means to your life.
- How urgency and importance come into play.
- What the 1% question is and why it’s so powerful.
- One silent killer of persistence and how to avoid it.
- How visualization (both positive and negative) can help.
- Tips for using dark emotions as leverage rather than allowing them to drag you down.
- The importance of working for the reward.
- How to hold focus longer.
- The truth about overnight success.
- The psychology of comparison and the dangers associated with it.
- How to audit your circle and your environment.
- The simplest way to transform your game.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
The greatest motivational force is seeing progress on the things we want to create. -@ResistAverage Click To Tweet
The stuff that actually moves our lives and businesses forward is usually not urgent, but it’s highly, highly important. – @ResistAverage Click To Tweet
When we have the vision (because the vision is crucial) and we connect to doing something and moving forward today, that is the sweet spot man. -@ResistAverage Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Tommy Baker: Site | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Podcast | Blog
- The 1% Rule by Tommy Baker
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
- The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson
- The Pomodoro Technique
- Steven Kotler
- Dr. John Demartini
- Stephen Covey
- Lewis Howes
- Joe Rogan
- Linchpin by Seth Godin
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Way of the Superior Man by David Deida
- Mastering Achievement In Three Easy Steps by Trevor Blattner
- Join the VIP launch list for my upcoming book – You Can Be A Master: How to Become a Top Performer By Using The Evidence on Expertise!