Ep #33: Revolutionizing Convenience Through Customer Service with Shep Hyken
Customer service is a huge deal when it comes to how a business is perceived and how much it succeeds. The guru of customer service and amazing customer experiences, Shep Hyken, joins us on the show to share his unique perspective on how customer service should be done. He shares how convenience is an age-old marketing strategy that can revolutionize your business and life if implemented in the right way.
Shep gives us valuable insight from the top companies he has observed and worked with firsthand. From seeing how convenience can be revolutionized throughout time, Shep will show you how this can be implemented and executed with excellence. He explains the six principles of convenience, discusses how complications in customer service have been executed effectively, and much more.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How Shep decided that specializing in the customer experience was where he was meant to be.
- How his parents shaped the way he thinks.
- An overview of the fascinating history of convenience.
- The complications of convenience and how different companies handle it.
- The six principles that make a business revolutionarily convenient.
- Defining friction and what it looks like to reduce friction with customers.
- Examples of convenience in different industries and how it is executed in creative ways.
- Delivery experiences that are game changers.
- The importance of constantly reading and learning.
- How Shep is finding balance with his coaching and speaking schedule.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
I just knew that taking care of people was the right thing to do. -@Hyken Click To Tweet
Look at it as a customer service marketing strategy – be more convenient. – @Hyken Click To Tweet
The only way I can continue to put out that information and impart that knowledge is by bringing knowledge into my mind, so I’m constantly reading and learning from others. -@Hyken Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Shep Hyken: Website | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | YouTube | Google+
- The Convenience Revolution by Shep Hyken
- Amaze Every Customer, Every Time by Shep Hyken
- The Amazement Revolution by Shep Hyken
- Be Amazing or Go Home by Shep Hyken
- The Loyal Customer by Shep Hyken
- The Cult of the Customer by Shep Hyken
- Moments of Magic by Shep Hyken
- The Customer Focus training program
- Ep #32: Vision to Action – Connecting the Dots with Tommy Baker
- The 1% Rule by Tommy Baker
- The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
- The Effortless Experience by Matthew Dixon
- The Nordstrom Way to Customer Service Excellence by Robert Spector
- Dollar Shave Club
- Audi Kirkwood
- Influence by Robery Cialdini
- In Search of Excellence by Thomas Peters and Robert Waterman
- The Experience Economy by B. Joseph Pine and James Gilmore
- Strategic Coach
- Mastering Achievement In Three Easy Steps by Trevor Blattner
- Join the VIP launch list for my upcoming book – You Can Be A Master: How to Become a Top Performer By Using The Evidence on Expertise!