Ep #42: Healthy, Wealthy and Wise with Scotty Schindler
When it comes to entrepreneurship and working with startups, there are many decisions and opportunities that present themselves—which makes choosing the right ones to tackle a hard task. Scotty Schindler is a world class surfer and an expert in successful startups and business growth. He joins the show today to share how to make sure you’re not being pulled in too many directions and stay focused on one thing without missing out on different opportunities.
Listen in to hear Scotty share the importance of having a long-term goal and growth strategy, as well as his personal experience in growing businesses, including the successes and the failures. He gives us an insider’s advice on what works and what doesn’t work for laying a solid foundation and driving a successful business. You’ll also get some great insight and inspiration on how to balance life and business, grow a strong team and be an empowering leader.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The benefits of competition.
- Scotty’s story of becoming an entrepreneur.
- The benefits and drawbacks to diversifying.
- His best advice for startups.
- Why long-term vision is so crucial.
- What it looks like to lay a solid business foundation.
- Three things you need for a really good startup.
- How to build a structure that works with or without you.
- Why Scotty has a ‘no fire’ policy and how it works.
- The different steps he took to ‘invest’ and create wealth.
- What kept him working hard and investing a lot.
- What erosion is and why you need to be wary of it.
- How to best start investing.
- The problem with too much knowledge.
- How to get the most out of books, conferences and classes.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
I had this ability to just be really polarized in one industry and one opportunity instead of just being distracted by other opportunities which may not have been real opportunities. – Scotty Schindler Click To Tweet
My mistake became my advantage. – Scotty Schindler Click To Tweet
For me, leadership was about empowering others, not about being powerful. – Scotty Schindler Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Scotty Schindler: Website | LinkedIn | Instagram | Facebook | YouTube
- The Rise of Superman by Steven Kotler
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Mastering Achievement In Three Easy Steps by Trevor Blattner
- Join the VIP launch list for my upcoming book – You Can Be A Master: How to Become a Top Performer By Using The Evidence on Expertise!