Ep #46: Breaking Free From Human 1.0 with Mark Metry
From being bullied, anxious, and sick to becoming a top voice in podcasting, Mark Metry has transformed his life. With social anxiety and other issues shaping who he was as a kid, Mark found massive financial success at a young age and proceeded on a rough journey trying to leave behind his life of quiet desperation and discover his purpose.
In this episode, Mark dives into what it means—and what it takes—to level up from human 1.0 to 2.0. By understanding how a mindset shift can change the way you see the world to taking hold of the type of words you use on yourself, you’ll learn how to reshape your life. Listen in to uncover the secret to defining your identity in order to have better self-worth and create a bigger impact.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How Mark overcame social anxiety and auto-immune disorders.
- The business he created just by doing something he loved.
- How he realized there was another level of life that redefines success.
- How he went from self-medicating with food to finding a place of balance.
- What human 2.0 means and what the movement is all about.
- The importance of being conscious of negative patterns.
- The shift that happened to change how Mark saw life.
- The science behind how you see the world and how you can change it.
- Understanding the words you use—especially the ones you use on yourself.
- How to separate the things that happen from things that define you.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
There’s a human 1.0 default setting out there. It’s scarcity; it’s violence; it’s bullying; it’s being unconscious of your health or being unconscious of your money. – @MarkMetry Click To Tweet
The way the human brain works is, only one-tenth of the information that our brain needs to generate our visual reality—only 10% comes from our eyes. Positivity mindset really changes literal life. – @MarkMetry Click To Tweet
You’ve got to put your identity on learning, on being the learner. – @MarkMetry Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Mark Metry: Site | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram | LinkedIn | Podcast
- Tom Bilyeu
- Terence McKenna
- The Third Door by Alex Banayan
- The School of Greatness
- “How LinkedIn Changed My Life” by Mark Metry
- Jordan Paris
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins
- Moonshots by Naveen Jain
- Humans 2.0 Ep #139 – Your Imagination Is Your Only Limit with Naveen Jain
- Mastering Achievement In Three Easy Steps by Trevor Blattner
- Join the VIP launch list for my upcoming book – You Can Be A Master: How to Become a Top Performer By Using The Evidence on Expertise!