Ep #53: A Foundation of Character with Chris Widener
The value of character in the business world is something that is not discussed often enough. In this episode, Chris Widener joins me to share his story and why character is more valuable than skills. Ranked in the top 50 speakers in the world, Chris has some great wisdom to offer when it comes to success in business and in writing.
Listen in as he shares his inspiring journey of overcoming his rough past and getting started in ministry work before eventually transitioning into writing and speaking. You’ll learn how Chris writes efficiently and well, his experience working with people like Jim Rohn and Zig Ziglar, and more.
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How Chris got into the ministry and transitioned to where he is now.
- The awesome method a coach used to help him find his speaking niche.
- What it was like working with Jim Rohn and Zig Ziglar.
- How writing helped get Chris noticed and how he has been so prolific in writing.
- Where and how he writes his books.
- How he learned to get his ideas out in an anecdotal way.
- The importance of character and how valued it is compared to skill.
- Where the true art of influence lies.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
This is the way I write my books: I go to Starbucks, I start at 8am and I end at 5. – @ChrisWidener Click To Tweet
Most people value character more than they value skills. – @ChrisWidener Click To Tweet
The bigger your character gets, the more success you can handle. – @ChrisWidener Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Chris Widener: Website | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Zig Ziglar
- Jim Rohn
- Twelve Pillars by Jim Rohn and Chris Widener
- True Performance TV series
- John C. Maxwell
- Top 100 leadership speakers
- The Angel Inside by Chris Widener
- Charlie Tremendous Jones
- Ken Blanchard
- The Fred Factor by Fred Sanborn
- Og Mandino
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- The Four Agreements by Miguel Ruiz
- The Agony and the Ecstasy by Irving Stone
- The Real Man’s Handbook by Larry Winget and Chris Widener
- The Real Man’s Podcast
- Principle-Centered Leadership by Stephen Covey
- The Persuit of God by A.W. Tozer
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz
- The Journey of Desire by John Eldridge
- Wild at Heart by John Eldridge
- Mastering Achievement In Three Easy Steps by Trevor Blattner
- Join the VIP launch list for my upcoming book – You Can Be A Master: How to Become a Top Performer By Using The Evidence on Expertise!