Ep #69: Jeremy Ryan Slate
Our guest on today’s show is Jeremy Ryan Slate, a Top 100 Podcast Host, public relations expert, and a sought-after public speaker.
Jeremy is the founder of The Create Your Own Life Show, a podcast that studies world-class individuals and helps entrepreneurs. He specializes in using podcasting and new media to create celebrity and was ranked #1 in iTunes New and Noteworthy and #26 in the Business category. Jeremy’s show was also named one of the Top 26 Podcast for Entrepreneurs to Listen to in 2017 by CIO Magazine, and he was among the Top Millennial Influencers to Follow in 2018 by Buzzfeed. To date, The Create Your Own Life Podcast has been downloaded over two and a half million times.
Jeremy studied literature at Oxford University and is a former champion power-lifter turned new-media entrepreneur. After finding success in podcasting, he and his wife Brielle founded Command Your Brand in 2015 to help entrepreneurs get their message out by appearing as guests on other podcasts. If you are looking for direction in your business or career, then you should tune in to this episode. Jeremy and I talk about what it takes to become a successful podcaster and the things that helped him carve his path as an entrepreneur.
- Learn more about Jeremy’s Journey as an Entrepreneur (2:40)
- Importance of Delivering Quality Content (8:10)
- Three-Step Process on Becoming a Celebrity (11:00)
- The Soap Opera Sequence (14:00)
- Email Marketing is Not Dead (14:47)
- More About The Soap Opera Sequence (17:10)
- Dynamics Behind The Create Your Own Life Show (18:24)
- Tips on Guest Speaking Locally and Internationally (21:21)
- PR vs. Marketing (24:53)
- Jeremy’s Mentor (29:05)
- Best Learning Experience (30:34)
- Most Memorable Podcast Show (34:14)
- Impact of Having a Sense of Purpose in a Business (36:00)
- Book Recommendations (38:13)
AND MUCH MORE!
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- Know more about Jeremy by visiting his website: jeremyryanslate.com
- Listen and subscribe to the iTunes Top 100 Podcast, The Create Your Own Life Show, on Apple and Spotify.
- Connect with Jeremy:
- Grab the FREE White Paper: 7 Reasons No One Knows You and drive growth to your business by digging in this quick master class.
- Check out rev.com for your transcription needs.
- Book Recommendations:
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- Ego Is The Enemy by Ryan Holiday
- The Great Bridge: The Epic Story of the Building of the Brooklyn Bridge by David McCullough
- The Iconist: The Art and Science of Standing Out by Jamie Mustard
- The Campaigns of Alexander by Arrian
“It has to do a lot with how you deliver the content but also the quality of the content.”
“The Small Pond Strategy: Define what your small pond is and get known in that.”
“One interview can pay you off for years.”
“New audiences are great, but this content you are creating can also warm up people that already know about you.”
“You’re in front of a hundred people, you look and see what they want, and you deliver that.”
“PR and marketing are not the same things. Sometimes, with a PR program, it’s hard to find the quantifiable ROI because you’re getting a lot of other things from it that you may not even know or consider. Your PR sets up your marketing so that it becomes more effective.”