Evolution of Leadership | David O’Brien
We are all currently living in a very different time facing a pandemic and I’m sure leaders around the world each have their own strategy to cope. But, did you ever wonder how post-pandemic leadership would look like? In this episode, we talk just about that with guest David O’Brien.
David A. O’Brien is President of WorkChoice Solutions, LLC, a nationally recognized provider of leadership and team effectiveness consulting services. Prior to launching WorkChoice Solutions in 2000, David was a Senior Vice President and General Manager with a global provider of workforce management services. His corporate consulting career spans over twenty years and includes key leadership roles within a variety of industries including Aerospace, Healthcare, and Financial Services. His clients include such market leaders as Aetna, Day Pitney, ESPN, KPMG, Mass Mutual, Otis Elevator, Peoples Bank, The Hartford, U.S. Airways, and United Technologies. He also works with many small and emerging market leaders to bring about lasting organizational and leadership transformation.
Listen and learn more about the evolution of leadership through the decades and what does leadership looks like in a post-pandemic world. We also talked about the concept of ‘our time’ which you should definitely check out! Tune in!
- Evolution of Leadership Through the Decades [2:18]
- Effective Ways to Develop Better Emotional Intelligence [6:05]
- Leadership in the Post-Pandemic World [8:40]
- Reaching Our Fullest Potential [20:05]
- Compass Calibration Technique [22:25]
- Book Recommendations [26:57]
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- I believe anyone can be a leader in today’s world that’s why I’ve created a short, user-friendly book called Redefining the Top 1 Percent. Get your FREE copy by joining our Facebook Group here. Not only are you getting a free copy of my book, but you’ll also get lots of FREE training and resources on a weekly basis.
- Visit workchoicesolutions.com to find out more about David’s leadership services, books, webinars, and more. A ton of resources can be found on his website including some leadership articles and assessments.
- Grab your copy of David’s best-selling books, The Navigator’s Handbook and The Navigator’s Compass by visiting davidonamazon.com
- In Case You Missed It: We’ve had Dr. Tasha Eurich on the show where we talked about Bankable Leadership and self-awareness. Check it out here.
- Book Recommendations:
- Start With Why by Simon Sinek
- Insight by Tasha Eurich
- Leadership Is an Art by Max De Pree
- The Go-Giver by Bob Burg
- True North by Bill George
- The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale
- The Greatest Salesman In the World by Og Mandino
- The Choice by Og Mandino
- The Return of the Ragpicker by Og Mandino
“It’s that self-awareness. It starts with that acceptance that we don’t have to figure it all out in one day, in one meeting, or in one class.”
“This is a journey. It’s not about perfection. It’s about the progress.”
“Leadership is not a Monday to Friday gig. It’s a 24/7 gig.”
“Leadership is a choice.”
“The older I get, the more I know the little I know.”
Ways to Subscribe to Redefining The Top One Percent: