Former NFL Player Jedidiah Collins’ Journey into the World of Money
Today, we are joined by Jedidiah Collins. Before becoming a certified financial planner, Jed spent seven years in the National Football League (NFL) as a fullback His most prominent stretch is with the New Orleans Saint, playing three seasons. Now, he is geared towards empowering people as a behavioral coach.
In this episode, Jed and I talk about his journey into the world of money and how he what drove him to create Rookie to Veteran. He also shares eye-opening insights, one of which is “I don’t believe in the words budget or retirement because those are limiting. If you wanna have an abundance mindset, you use cash management and you use freedom because those are truly objectives and choices and not destinations.”
● The Mission and Passion Fueling Rookie to Veteran (3:38)
● Jed’s Emotional and Life-Changing Journey throughout His NFL Career (8:18)
● The Game of Inches (13:12)
● Meaning Behind the Statement “Enjoy the Hunt” (20:07)
● The Inspiring Story of Erik Weihenmayer (24:45)
● The Lesson: Most Over Now (28:18)
● Book Recommendations (37:59)
AND MUCH MORE!
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
● If you are a future or aspiring business leader who wants to achieve the next level of success in your profession, get started by getting my FREE video short course: The Secret to Unleashing Your Top 1 Percent.
● Know more about Jed and his training framework Rookie to Veteran through his website jedidiahcollins.com.
● Watch out for Jed’s upcoming book, Your Money Vehicle, which will be available by the end of February this year.
● Connect with Jed:
o YouTube (launching soon!)
● Your Money Vehicle book by Jed, end of Feb
● Book recommendations:
o The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
o Mind Gym by Gary Mack
● The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
● The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson
● Start with Why by Simon Sinek
“You have to be a little crazy to chase a passion and take the leap of faith.”
“Failure is temporary, failure comes and goes. It’s only really defeat if you let it. If you learn from it, failure is one of the greatest things, it gifts.”
“At the end of the day, we’re not buying excuses. We’re not even buying promises. We’re buying outcomes. “Be A Pro” is the beginning of that.”
“We all focus and fixate so much on the destination, we forget the journey. If you don’t enjoy the hunt, the kill rarely satisfies. ”
“I don’t believe in the words budget or retirement because those are limiting. If you wanna have an abundance mindset, you use cash management and you use freedom because those are truly objectives and choices and not destinations.”
“So often we got caught in the losses. A practice I implement with my daughters now is at the very end of the day, we’re laying in bed, and it’s “What was your favorite part of the day? Let’s talk about the win of the day, win of the moment”. Because if you’re not enjoying those, you’re gonna pass by and you’re gonna continually feel the grind and not the growth.”
“Opportunity cost is not what you chose, it’s not the combination of things you’re choosing or the options out there, it’s what you gave up.”
“As a very new business owner I need to continually look at what is my most and anything that takes away from that in the now is something I have to have confidence in doing.”