How to Be An Inspirational Leader | Dr. Lance Secretan
As I have mentioned in our previous episode, inspirational leadership is something very close to my heart, and that’s why I’m so delighted to sit and chat with today’s guest, Dr. Lance Secretan, the world’s foremost authority on inspirational leadership and is ranked as the 4th most influential leadership coach in the world.
Dr. Secretan is the world’s top authority on inspirational leadership, a trailblazing teacher, advisor, and expert on corporate culture, whose bestselling books, inspirational talks, and life-changing retreats have touched the hearts and minds of hundreds of thousands of people worldwide. He is the author of 21 books about leadership, inspiration, corporate culture, and entrepreneurship as well as an award-winning memoir, A Love Story.
He coaches and advises leaders globally and guides leadership teams who wish to transform their culture into the most inspirational in their industries.
In this episode, we dive deep into the nitty-gritty of Dr. Lance’s latest book, The Bellwether Effect. We discussed the difference between motivation and leadership, which is HUGE by the way. We also spoke a bit about Quantum Leadership. Listen and learn more about the business practices you should avoid and radical, modern and inspiring ways to change course. Enjoy!
● Meet Dr. Lance Secretan [1:55]
● The Bellwether Effect [06:10]
● Business Practices to Avoid [11:18]
● Difference Between Motivation and Inspiration [15:50]
● Tips for Aspiring Inspirational Leaders [18:18]
● The Ideas of Social Self and Essential Self [23:40]
● The Quantum Leadership [28:00]
● Book Recommendations and More [30:58]
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
● I believe anyone can be a leader in today’s world that’s why I’ve created a short, user-friendly book called Redefining the Top 1 Percent. Get your FREE copy by joining our Facebook Group here. Not only are you getting a free copy of my book, but you’ll also get lots of FREE training and resources on a weekly basis.
● To learn more about Dr. Lance Secretan, his works, services, 22 books, and more, the go-to site is secretan.com. Lots of resources are available so make sure to check them out!
● Grab your copy of The Bellwether Effect where Dr. Lance reports on the evidence showing how some of our business practices are counterproductive and recommends radical, modern, and inspiring ways to change course.
● Do you want an inspirational book? Grab your copy of Dr. Lance’s intensely personal memoir, A Love Story, a book that will inspire you, and be a welcome gift for your friends, who, as the dedication states, yearns for true love, have found it, or who are rediscovering it.
● Check out these Spirit@Work Cards which consist of the keywords and phrases that form the essential components of Higher Ground Leadership®. You can also download the app in the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
● Connect with Dr. Lance thru this Contact Form or through the following:
● Book Recommendations:
o The Courage to Teach by Parker Palmer
“If you want to really learn about leadership, don’t go to a university.”
“Eighty percent (80%) of companies today use performance appraisals, the most reviled business practice in the world.”
“Most business books are written about how you should be starting to do something. This book, The Bellwether Effect, is about how you should stop doing things because it’s the things that we’re doing that’s upsetting people.”
“You need to be fit if you’re gonna concentrate, focus, and make good decisions.”
“Motivation is fear-based. Inspiration is love-based and that’s a massive difference.”
“The most important thing that humans need is love, to be loved, and to love. The second most important thing for a human being is to be inspired and to inspire.”
“We don’t teach what we know. We teach who we are.”