Kevin Zhang: Becoming the eCommerce Entrepreneur
“My story starts with my parents. That is also where my success starts as well.” These are the humble words of today’s guest, Kevin Zhang.
Kevin Zhang is a serial eCommerce entrepreneur and the CEO of Kreator eCommerce, a global eCommerce organization, including over 60 team members with facilities in 3 countries. Age 23, Kevin achieved acclaim in the digital strategy and eCommerce community for generating $20M in sales in his first year as an entrepreneur. Kevin was proclaimed the “eCommerce Rookie of the Year” by Affiliate World and is the youngest member of the Forbes Business Council.
Aside from managing his business, Kevin is an active advocate for eCommerce education and has provided mentorship to thousands of students around the world. Kevin is determined to empower and inspire future generations of eCommerce entrepreneurs.
In this episode, Kevin and I talked about building a massive online brand from SCRATCH. Yes, you read it right. This involves finding and hiring the right employees for your brand and then managing them effectively. We’ll talk about all of this in this episode jam-packed of information. Tune in!
● Kevin’s Journey to Success [2:35]
● Becoming the eCommerce Entrepreneur [11:10]
● Building the Kreator Consulting from Scratch [17:40]
● Tips for Effectively Managing Remote Employees [23:05]
● How to Find and Hire Your Ideal Virtual Assistant [33:55]
● Is Your Employee Ready to Be a Manager? [38:48]
● Book Recommendations [40:30]
AND MUCH MORE!
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
● If you are a future or aspiring business leader who wants to achieve the next level of success in your profession, get started by getting my FREE video short course: The Secret to Unleashing Your Top 1 Percent.
● Are you interested in working or learning with Kevin? Get to know him and his work through his website: kevinzhang.com
● Learn strategies and methods on building massive online brands from scratch through this FREE training with Kevin Zhang.
● Learn more about eCommerce and what Kreator Consulting can do for you here.
● Check out Upwork, a platform that connects businesses of all sizes to freelancers, independent professionals, and agencies for all their hiring needs.
● Connect with Kevin:
● Book Recommendations:
o How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
o Shoe Dog by Phil Knight
o Contagious by Jonah Berger
o Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
“My parents couldn’t give me much from the material perspective. But, they gave me everything from the values and mindset perspective.”
“In 2018, fifty percent of all businesses had no online presence. The share of retail that was online was only 8%.”
“I spend a lot of time and resources training and doing skills development for my employees.”
“You have no clue until you actually ask.”
“You should only spend your time doing the most high-value activity.”
“You shouldn’t automate something you don’t understand.”
“It’s gonna be tough in the beginning. You’re gonna make mistakes when hiring. It’s about hiring, training slowly and firing fast.”
“The manager’s role is the most important role in an organization.”
“The big pieces are proactiveness, and the desire to problem-solve.”
“Every business is a people-driven business.”