Leadership in the Modern World with Chester Elton
Brace yourself for another jam-packed episode! I enjoyed chatting with today’s guest, Chester Elton, and it really felt like one episode is not enough to pick his brain. I’ll make sure to have him back.
One of today’s most influential voices in workplace trends, Chester Elton, has spent two decades helping clients engage their employees in executing strategy, vision, and values. In his provocative, inspiring, and always entertaining talks, #1 bestselling leadership author Chester Elton provides real solutions to leaders looking to manage change, drive innovation, and lead a multi-generational workforce. Elton’s work is supported by research with more than 1,000,000 working adults, revealing the proven secrets behind high-performance cultures and teams.
Elton is the co-founder of The Culture Works, a global training company, and a board member of Camp Corral, a non-profit for the children of wounded and fallen military heroes. He serves as a leadership consultant to firms such as American Express, AT&T, Avis Budget Group, and Procter & Gamble.
In this episode, we talked about leadership, motivation, gratitude, and many more! Tune in to find out tips and strategies on becoming a good leader and how to handle anxiety at work. Chester is also very kind to offer their $40 Motivators Assessment for FREE, so don’t miss this one!
● Leadership in the Modern World [3:15]
● Getting to Where Chester Is Today [11:30]
● The Team-Authorship Concept [19:05]
● Importance of Knowing Your Team on an Individual Level [22:30]
● Motivators Assessment from The Culture Works [26:15]
● Myths about the Millennials and Generation Z [30:15]
● Handling Anxiety at Work [34:50]
● Chester Shares a Gratitude Practice [38:40]
● Importance of Reimposing Your Core Values [42:35]
AND MUCH MORE!
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
● I believe anyone can be a leader in today’s world. That’s why I’ve created a short, user-friendly book called Redefining the Top 1 Percent. Get your FREE copy by joining our Facebook Group here. Not only are you getting a free copy of my book, but you’ll also get lots of FREE training and resources on a weekly basis.
● Know more about Chester and his works by visiting his website at chesterelton.com.
● Get some tips and strategies on being a good leader, enhancing work culture, and building effective teams at thecultureworks.com.
● Get your FREE Motivators Assessment from The Culture Works by sending an email to email@example.com.
● Subscribe to Chester’s The Gratitude Journal, a roadmap to creating a culture of gratitude.
● In Case You Missed It: I sat down with Tasha Eurich, and we talked about Bankable Leadership in Episode 111 of The Top 1% Podcast.
● Grab your copy of Chester’s newest book, Leading with Gratitude, and know more about eight simple ways managers can show employees they are valued.
● Make sure to also check out Chester’s other best-selling books:
o All In
● Connect with Chester:
● Mentioned Books:
o The Talent Equation by Lorin Hitt, Matt Ferguson, and Prasanna Tambe
o American Icon by Bryce G. Hoffman
“You can never have too many good leaders.”
“The work culture stems from the leader. As a leader, the way you behave, your values, your principles, gives everyone else permission to act the same way.”
“When you do the right thing for the right reason when you are a good person, you attract good people, and good things happen.”
“We think of ourselves in a way that we want to be.”
“As your life changes, your motivators re-align.”
“It was less about the trophy and the plaques. It was more about legacy.”
“If you don’t know what’s going on in your people’s personal lives, how can you ever expect them to be productive?”
“If you don’t know how to deal with anxiety in your workplace right now, you are dead on arrival.”
“You can be demanding, and you can be kind.”