Reasons to Believe with Hugh Ross of Reasons.org
Science and Faith. These are two things that most people believe are incompatible. But, today, we are going to dive into these and show you that science and biblical faith are allies, not enemies. I am very pleased to welcome astronomer and best-selling author, Dr. Hugh Ross.
Dr. Ross travels the globe speaking on the compatibility of advancing scientific discoveries with the timeless truths of Christianity. While in college, Hugh committed himself to faith in Jesus Christ. After his study of big bang cosmology convinced him of a Creator’s existence, curiosity led him to test religious “holy books” for scientific and historical accuracy. Only the Bible passed the test, therefore persuading him of Christianity’s validity. Later, Hugh was surprised to discover how many people believed or disbelieved in Christ without checking the evidence. Prompted by family, friends, and colleagues, he founded Reasons to Believe in 1986, to bring scientific evidence for Christianity to light.
More than 25 years later, Hugh leads a team of scholars who keep tabs on the frontiers of research with the goal of demonstrating that sound reason and scientific findings – including the very latest discoveries – consistently support rather than erode, confidence in the biblical God.
Listen and gain more reasons to believe and strengthen your faith! This is a very special episode and I, myself, have learned a lot from it. Dr. Ross shared one of the greatest analogies I have heard in my life. Tune in to find out more!
● Getting to Know Dr. Hugh Ross [1:20]
● Challenges in Addressing Skepticism [3:35]
● Why Did God Decide to Create? [5:30]
● Three Pieces of Evidence for The Big Bang Theory [12:00]
● Hugh’s Creation Model Approach [20:25]
● The Weakness in Darwin’s Theory of Evolution [25:13]
● The Hand of God Dilemma [29:14]
● The Idea of ExtraTerrestrials [33:13]
AND MUCH MORE!
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
● If you are a future or aspiring business leader who wants to achieve the next level of success in your profession, get started by getting my FREE video short course: The Secret to Unleashing Your Top 1 Percent.
● Gain more reasons to believe by visiting Dr. Hugh’s website at reasons.org.
● Read more about the Creation Model Approach, a testable creation model approach to integrating science and the Christian faith.
● Books by Dr. Hugh Ross:
● Dr. Hugh Ross has written a lot of books. Make sure to visit his Amazon Page to check out his other books that were not mentioned in this episode.
● To access a bountiful of faith-affirming resources for FREE, visit reasons.org/ross.
● Connect with Dr. Hugh Ross/Reasons to Believe:
● Book Recommendations:
o Creating Life in the Lab by Fazale Rana
o The Cambrian Explosion by Douglas Erwin and James W. Valentine
“The space and time dimension of the universe are fine-tuned by God to be a tool to eradicate evil and suffering.”
“The Christian God is a trion God. He’s a single God that manifests in three persons – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.”
“One of the reasons for His creation was to multiply the expression of His love.”
“The limitation of Astronomy is that we have no access to the present. All of our data comes from the past. But, the farther away we look, the farther back in time we see.”
“Scientists don’t like the title Darwinian Evolution.”
“We got overwhelming evidence that life has been here on planet Earth for 3.8 billion years.”
“What we, researchers, need to do is tell our readers how many times we commit the Hand-of-God Dilemma when we do our experiments.”
“The Bible tells us that God created two different species of intelligent life – we, human beings, that are constrained by the physics of the universe and angels, that are not constrained by the physics of the universe.”
“There’s a strong correlation between the level of occult activity in a particular nation and the percentage of the population that’s having these close encounters.”